On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM, James Earl <ja...@truckhardware.ca> wrote:
> After upgrading from SQLite 3.8.6 to 3.8.7, I am no longer able to
> order group_concat values by using a subselect.  For example the
> following query with 3.8.6 will give me an ordered string of
> items.image values based on items.position (which contains integers):

Simon told you why this happened.  IIRC the common solution to this in
other RDBMSes is to have an ORDER BY clause in group_concat().  If
SQLite3 had an opaque-but-coercible-to-SQLite3-type type, then one
could build a UDF group_concat() that applies whatever order one
wishes.  (Please let us have this! :)

Nico