From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org <sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org> on
behalf of Keith Medcalf <kmedc...@dessus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:49 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] New kids on block the SQLite Master Suite.

Microsoft takes special care in bug-for-bug compatibility, so win32 programs
are pretty much guaranteed to run on any version of the OS that is equal or
greater than the WINVER setting on which it was compiled.  If it runs on W2K3
then it was compiled with WINVER set to 0x0502 (but perhaps was set to an
earlier compatibility in which case it will work back to that corresponding
version) and will run on any version of Windows currently available, including
ones currently in development (Windows 10/2015 server/client).

"Support", you must understand, is usually a marketroid term which translates
into English as "make money from".

Software is not "supported" on new versions of operating systems because the
vendor cannot "make money from" that state of affairs and thus deliberately
designs the software so that they can provide "supported" versions that they
can "make money from".  Some authors and vendors make money from providing
value.  Others have no choice but to resort to artifice and deceit.

I'm sorry to hear that you have more experience dealing with the latter than
the former.