I am a student with no Tech or IT background what so ever.

I am new to Databases and IT in general.

I am taking an accelerated class in database basics and within the last
three weeks I just learned what databases were.

I know very little and Databases are complex and intimidating.

I figured out how to run queries but I don't know if they are
correct/accurate, as in what I requested from the 'RUN' results?

How do you 'VERIFY' your query results?

My instructor wants me to explain how do I KNOW that the records are
accurate. Here is an example of what is expected in the assignment...

 *VERIFICATION:  *What is verification?  Each time you retrieve data, you
should ask yourself, "How do I know I selected the correct data?".   For
example, if you were asked to pull all records written by an author named
Fred Smith, your query might be based on last name equal to Smith.
However, if you might get records for someone with the first name of Fred,
Mary and Ginger.   What would you do to insure you are pulling only Fred?
The person who has requested the data will always want assurance from you
that you are 100% positive you pulled the correct records.  Look at the
records returned and always as yourself, did I pull the correct records?
How would I verify it?

"Capture each query, number of records returned and *explain your
validation of the query.*" Example:

/** First query 1. List all employees **/
SELECT dbo.Firstname, dbo.Lastname
FROM dbo.employees
--records returned: 24
returned*.