As I look through the posts, i dont see what I am looking for.....

I am trying to create a CASE statement that converts time zones to UTC for
db storage.
For example, I have 3 columns, ReceiveDate, Timezone, UTC Datetime.
04/11/2014 2:00:00, EST, <empty>

 I would like to update UTC Datetime with logic based off "Timezone" col to
store as UTC?

Something like if
Update t1. SET "UTC Datetime"=if "TimeZone"='EST', then "ReceiveDate"+5
04/11/2014 2:00:00, EST, 04/11/2014 7:00:00
I would imagine someone has already gone down this path?
thanks in advance
Mike