On 1/9/15, Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
>> We hope to release SQLite version 3.8.8 sometime later this month
>> (January).  A change-log is available at
>> https://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/current.html
>

> Could you please provide more info about stmt_scanstatus()?
>
> Perhaps a concrete example might help understand better what this is used
> for.
>
> Also, I suppose the "const char*" stats "returned" need to be freed,
> perhaps with sqlite3_free()? The doc doesn't say.

The returned value is a "const" char*, so, no, it should not be passed
to sqlite3_free().

It is difficult to achieve the right balance of brevity and
explanation.  I have your request for additional explanation, but I
need to weigh that against those who prefer brevity.  I work on the
documentation some more.  Perhaps I can find ways of achieving both
goals at once.  Thank you for the feedback.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org