On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Staffan Tylen <staffan.ty...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Richard but unfortunately I cannot use DISTINCT in that way, since
> it affects all the selected columns and they are MANY.
>
> Staffan

​I am having trouble visualizing what your actual SELECT is. Would you mind
posting it?​

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
> > On 1/10/15, Staffan Tylen <staffan.ty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm in the situation where I need to use GROUP_CONCAT and filter out
> > > duplicates at the same time. And the default comma separator in
> > > GROUP_CONCAT needs to be replaced by a space. I've tried to use
> function
> > > REPLACE to get rid of the comma but only to realise that the data being
> > > concatenated also might contain one or more commas.
> > >

> > SELECT group_concat(x,'+') FROM (SELECT DISTINCT a+b AS x FROM tab ORDER
> > BY 1);
> >

> > --
> > D. Richard Hipp
> > d...@sqlite.org

​
While a transcendent vocabulary is laudable, one must be eternally careful
so that the calculated objective of communication does not become ensconced
in obscurity.  In other words, eschew obfuscation.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Maranatha! <><
John McKown