I have one doubt regarding sqlite code.
I have 2 programs-one with sqlite3_exec() included in the code and in other
it is not included.I included those files which are zmain.c and zmain1.c
respectively.
First i created a database and added a table "em" and added some contents
to it,then i executed and prepared the sqlite select query.
I added "printf("result");" in the "case op_resultrow" of the function
sqlite3vdbeexec().
Here when i executed zmain.c,
sqlite3_prepare_v2(db, sql, strlen(sql) + 1, &selectStmt, NULL);
the above statement didn't print anything.

OUTPUT:
          database opened successfully
          result
          result
          result
          result
          Operation done successfully
          Before
          Afterprep
(clearly there is nothing between before and afterprep)

But when i commented the sqlite3_exec() in zmain1.c
due to sqlite_prepare_v2() function,the program somehow entered
sqlite3vdbeexec() and printed what i gave in my printf statement.
OUTPUT:
        database opened successfully
        Operation done successfully
        Before
        result
        result
        Afterprep
(clearly there are some output between before and afterprep)

My doubt is why the function call sqlite3_prepare_v2() called
sqlite3vdbeexec in second case and why not in first program.