Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated.

I've been having a problem where iterdump() is exporting in a format
which is unsuitable for MySQL, although it previously appeared to be
corruption (hence the previous comment of seriousness), it does
actually appear to be documented incompatibility. Tools such as [2]
don't work with popular libraries such as Django, due to its use of
pysqlite2 and patching scripts such as [3] also don't seem to work.

It seems the backup features of sqlite3 are not exposed in higher
level APIs such as Python, and getting data out of a sqlite3 in-memory
DB in python into a file is proving to be a difficult task, something
which is arguable a common requirement. (something which I'm still
trying to do as we speak, and will report back with my eventual fix)

I'm not sure what my current proposal would be, but my first
suggestion would be either exposing those backup features to the
higher level APIs.

Also, I'd like to +1 having this project on some sort of social collab
platform, be it github, bitbucket etc. It would make external
contributions much easier, as I nearly gave up trying to report this
issue out of frustration.

Thanks in advance

Cal

[2]: https://github.com/husio/python-sqlite3-backup