Von: Zaumseil Ren? [mailto:RZaumseil at kkg.ch]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 02. April 2015 07:44
An: 'sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org'
Betreff: [sqlite] windows network and wal mode

Hi there,

I have used sqlite to store parameter changes with a time stamp in a simulation
environment.

Because of the number of parameters (2000+) and the max. change rate up to 50ms
I have a separate table for each parameter with time stamp and value.

The time stamp is used as "integer primary key asc".

So is no need of an internal rowid.

The database is opened from one process in wal mode with the following settings:

PRAGMA synchronous = 1

PRAGMA journal_mode = WAL

PRAGMA wal_autocheckpoint = 10000

PRAGMA page_size = 4096

PRAGMA cache_size = 5000

Only one process will write to the database.

It is also possible to go back in time and then start from there.

Currently I remove all values from the tables after the specified time.

New values can be added after this.

With larger backtrack intervals I have performance problems.

Question 1:

Can I speed up the deletion?

Question 2:

I will only read the data with a second program on another computer.

I have read it is not possible to use sqlite in wal mode over a network.

Is it so in my scenario?

Would it be possible if I can stop the writing for the duration of the read?

Is there another solution?

Thank you

Rene

Kernkraftwerk Goesgen-Daeniken AG
CH-4658 Daeniken, Switzerland

Diese Nachricht (inkl. Anhaenge) beinhaltet moeglicherweise vertrauliche oder
gesetzlich geschuetzte Daten oder Informationen. Zum Empfang derselben ist
(sind) ausschliesslich die genannte(n) Person(en) bestimmt. Falls Sie diese
Nachricht irrtuemlicherweise erreicht hat, sind Sie hoeflich gebeten, diese
unter Ausschluss jeder Reproduktion zu vernichten und den Absender umgehend zu
benachrichtigen. Besten Dank.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: hick at scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.