Good day,
I don't work in VB, so I can't help you in specifics on that. A quick
search on a search engine  pops up some videos on how to use sqlite in
a Visual Basic project.  The archives of this list have a lot of
questions where people are introduced to open, prep sql, (bind), step,
fetch, finalize, close. It is often a good idea to specify which book
you are working through for a question relating to a published
tutorial, as some future person may be reading the same book and could
find the thread helpful.  Some people on the list likely have a copy
of the same book on their shelf.  Someone on  this list might even be
the author.

Adam