On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:45:14 -0700
Pol-Online <info at pol-online.net> wrote:

> I wasn?t able to find the answer to this question online: does the
> column order matter for SQLite performance? E.g. should you put fixed
> width columns like INTEGER before TEXT or BLOB?

I'm going to check that box as No.

SQLite keeps its rows in pages and reads whole pages.  Within a page it
references rows and columns by offset.  Every location within a page is
accessed in constant time.  So column order doesn't matter because
page-offset doesn't matter.

Most database performance problems are design problems.  If you pay
attention to cardinality and index definition, the rest will usually
take care of itself.

--jkl