Hi,
to import from excel and from csv I use the spatialite extension for sqlite.

With that extension, I import directly an excel table, and to import the csv,
using that extension is possibile tohave a virtual table for text and csv.
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index

In the same suite there also the freexl extension.
https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/freexl/index

Regards,

A.