On 2 Dec 2015, at 4:34pm, Erwin Kalvelagen <erwin at amsterdamoptimization.com>
wrote:

> I could not find a reference to this using Google. So my question is: Is
> this a known problem? I would like to understand a little bit better what
> this is about.

The bug, if there is a bug, must be in Excel/VBA.  SQLite will accept either
'TEXT' or 'VARCHAR' and do identical things no matter which you use.  This is
because SQLite doesn't have a VARCHAR type, it just pretends it saw 'TEXT'
instead.

<https://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html>

I'm not sure what problem Excel/VBA has with it.  Maybe someone else is, or
maybe another list would be a better place to ask.  Or perhaps the problem is
with the program they used "SQLite Database Browser" which is not part of
SQLite and may have its own bugs.

Simon.