On 8 Dec 2015, at 10:16am, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <sqlite-mail at
dev.dadbiz.es> wrote:

> If I understood correctly when no transaction is specified an implicit
> transaction is created so there is no point to create a transaction for only
> one statement.

The OP here has lots of INSERT commands and is complaining that they do reading
and writing even when they have no effect.

My point was that it was the implicit transaction commands (BEGIN and END)
which were doing the writing.  And this means that every INSERT command does
some writing even when no rows are actually inserted.

If the OP does a BEGIN first, he should be able do many of his INSERT commands
and they will not do any writing.

However I have not tested this with the trace routines and it may not turn out
to be true.

Simon.