On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Graham Holden <SQLite at aldurslair.com>
wrote:

> If you have, or create, a VB6 standalone EXE that calls SQLite, you should
> be possible to get it to show stdout/stderr.

OP already explained VB code is wrapped in an ActiveX dynamically
used/loaded by MS Excel.

So no user-controlled EXE, and chances that EDITBIN /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
works on the host EXE (Excel) are uncertain at best.

So in the case of a 3rd party host EXE, beside SQLite itself allowing to
redirect it's output to a file, via a pragma (ideally) or an new API or
config in init() [1], I don't see any solution. --DD

[1] https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/initialize.html