You are probably falling into the cache effect trap again. There is no point in
indexing on the primary key, it only wastes space and CPU cycles

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Dezember 2015 13:54
An: sqlite-users at mailinglists.sqlite.org
Betreff: [sqlite] Is rowid the fastest?

hi,
     create a table using the following sql.
     CREATE TABLE t(x INTEGER PRIMARY KEY ASC, y, z);
  So the x is the alias of the rowid. Retrieving records by rowid around twice
as fast as other indexs values.
  Because of the x is the alias of rowid, so retrieving records by x is also as
fast as rowid. Is that right?

  In order to testing the efficiency. After I create index on t(x).
  And this give me a suprise, now I retrieve by x , I found that its is faster
than its before.
  does retrieve by the rowid the fastest method?
  Has creating index on t(x) anything influence to do with the rowid?

  best regards.

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: hick at scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.