On 2/18/2015 4:37 PM, Igor Tandetnik wrote:
> On 2/18/2015 4:19 PM, jose i cabrera wrote:
>> I need to know what the percentage for this specific project ID, 132959,
>> and language is going to be calculated. This may be different depending
>> on the project.  So, it may be 3%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 25%, etc.  That is my
>> problem, I don't know how to grab that without this step.
>
> Where is this information coming from? How do you know that RateType =
> '10%' corresponds to 0.20 multiplier? How is your hypothetical trigger
> supposed to know that?

Ok, maybe a little explanation is needed... The PM task may be
calculated by a percentage, which is what I am trying to figure out
with this set, or other by other rates like HOURLY, FIX Amounts, etc.
The percentage calculation is based on all the tasks for the project of
like "lang" excluding the PM task.  So, let's use an example: The user
chooses to calculate the DOC-Trans task for DE-DE and after reading a
log with word counts and figuring the amount of cost for the DOC-Trans
task, a final price for the task is set  to 860.69.  What should happen
now is that the DE-DE PM task be updated by the descriptive value set in
RateType, which on this instance is 10%, but maybe different in
different projects or by different languages.  So, now, just with this
860.69 value for DE-DE DOC-Trans, the PM value must be updated with the
calculation of the percentage being help by RateType on 860.69.  On this
instance, again, is 10%. So, in reality, all the tasks of the project of
like "lang" minus the PM, have to be added and 10% of that total be
calculated to the (on this instance) DE-DE PM task.  So, if there were
only these two tasks in this project, the records would be,

171421|132959|DOC-Trans|DE-DE|860.69|PER-WORD
171429|132959|PM|DE-DE|86.07|10%

I hope this helps.