On 19 Feb 2015, at 7:31am, Olivier <paxdo at mac.com> quoted:

> it would be interesting to put *all* sqlite.org pages in the database, even
> if it is useless. This would test with 500K HTTP requests per day. It will
> then be possible to modify this paragraph and indicate that Sqlite smoothly
> manages the 500K HTTP requests per day of this website, thus about 100 000K
> SQL statements per day.

It may be a note in whentouse.html should distinguish between situations where
the database is frequently written-to and situations where you have data which
is rarely changed.  The lack of writes means that a lot of advantages of
client/server systems give little advantage.  The SQLite web site is a good
example.

I have an example where I have a completely static 40 Gigabyte (sic.) SQLite
web-facing database which is accessed using PHP.  It doesn't have as many reads
as the SQLite web site but it's a great test of a 40 Gig database file and
shows no bad affects related to its size.  And SQLite searches billions (sic.)
of rows so quickly that one frequent user suspected it wasn't working properly
and I had to explain tree-based indexes to him.

Simon.