I have tried a method to create a Mem and add a string to it, which is as
below

                 sqlite3VdbeMemInit(&(p->custom_aMem[0]), p->db, MEM_Null);

                 memAboutToChange(p,&(p->custom_aMem[0]));

                 sqlite3VdbeMemSetStr(&(p->custom_aMem[0]), zColumn ,
strlen(zColumn)*sizeof(char), SQLITE_UTF8, SQLITE_STATIC);

First I allocated space to Mem and initialized it using sqlite3VdbeMemInit(
) function.
Then I changed the Mem and set the value of the string to the Mem
using memAboutToChange(
) and sqlite3VdbeMemSetStr( ) respectively. Where zColumn is the string to
be added.

Is this the correct way to add data to Mem ???

Because when I add data using this method I experienced a memory leak when
executing large number of queries.

Can anyone kindly tell what is the correct way to add data to Mem ?