select time( 'now', 'localtime' ) does to something to trigger reading
tzres.dll (windows library for timezone stuff?), but does not change the
time updated after a timezone change.

but I have a function to mimic sqlite now() function which returns
localtime... this function works and is based on  GetLocalTime( &st )  and
does change time result when changing timezones.

select Time( 'now' ) does seem to return GMT time... so that should be
constant and not change.