That is correct - I am looking for records that are empty.  I tried this
version of the SQL query as well and during my testing, the first example
seemed to be more efficient.

Also, I have version 3.8.10.2 on my home PC and version 3.6.20 on my server
at work. I am going to update the server version and see if that makes a
difference.