Okay.  The hex you showed us doesn't represent ASCII characters, so the bug is
not obviously leaking memory which contains the sort of data you'd be storing.
Apart from a few sequences of 'ff00' I see no obvious patterns.

How are you getting your SQLite library ?  Are you calling a library built into
the development environment or are you including your own copies of sqlite.c
and sqlite.h ?

> I am closing and reopening the database now after every transaction.
> sqlite3_memory_used() shows always 0. I guess that sqlite is telling me by it
> that it is not aware of any lost memory, correct?

Yes, I believe so.

> Then I tried to call sqlite3_release_memory() after every database command.
> Same result.

This indicates the same thing: the memory leak is not part of SQLite's own
memory management strategy, but something which is happening outside of it.
I'm out of ideas but I hope someone else can help.

Simon.