On 2015-03-16 12:49 AM, javaj1811 at elxala.com wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> good point, I've tested the fail scenario having the database located
> in a NTFS disk with the result of NO FAIL!!!
> so the insertion was done without sqlite error.
> now the problem seems to be reduced to Windows and FAT32 (and maybe
> FAT) drives
> could you tell me why did you suspect about the drive type ?

You do know what the "32" in FAT32 means right?  For all intents and
purposes, in a FAT32 system, that disk might actually be full. Maximum
size for a FAT32 disk used to be 32GB but there are some programs
available which can write a FAT32 allocation table with 512 byte sectors
up to about ~2TB - which I'm hoping is the case for you - but more
likely you are hitting the upper bound at 32GB. Even if you did manage
to extend the partition beyond 32GB, the maximum file size will be 1
byte shy of 4GB. If you exceed any of these hard limits, you will get a
disk-full error (correctly because in a FAT32 universe, that disk or
file is in fact "Full").

Btw, FAT32 must be the near worst file system ever used in history (and
I'm not blaming Microsoft, they had to try to come up with "something"
that could be backward compatible with FAT16 and provide larger storage,
but in normal use it is atrocious).  Is there a reason you need to use it?