Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:15 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] VBA Sqllite blob data

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Preston King <PKing at dot.state.nh.us> wrote:

> I have been able to use SQLite2009 Pro Management Studio to export the
> specific record from the DB3 file into Excel without any issues, the
> entire record appears correctly. I was trying to create VBA code
> within Excel to do the same thing. The blob record is a form of html
> code, it doesn't follow any typical code pattern so I had to write
> code to extract the data that I needed for the report(s). I have
> successfully created the routines and the report works well.
>
> So the only part that I am having difficulty with is automating the
> importing of the record from the DB3 file into my worksheet. SQLite
> Studio exports the record that I need into an Excel worksheet just
> fine. I then copy the record into the worksheet that I created and
> execute my routines to produce the reports that have been requested. I
> am trying to have as little user interaction as possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Preston

I, too, believe SQLite for Excel is your best bet (as others have
suggested) so to add to the information supplied... I noticed mention of:

 *XLSQLite.xlam *
http://www.gatekeeperforexcel.com/other-freebies.html

"It uses SQLite for Excel to interact with SQLite databases and provides a
simple GUI that facilitates the creation and manipulation of SQLite databases
directly from within Excel. It also provides functionality to execute SELECT
statements directly from within an Excel array formula and return the result in
a range of cells."

         --???--
        K e V i N