I'm not a developer. So I guess that it's my ignorance as to why a program
would be confused by the string value of "null" or any variant thereof. I
do understand looking for a string of length 0. If I were to want a special
name for Some purpose, I'd likely use xyzzy. I thought of plugh as well,
but a search turned up a article by a Mike Plugh.

I also  won't disclose the strange problem I saw for Mr. John Doe and his
wife Jane in some code.