On 2015/11/24 9:20 PM, chromedout64 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It would be the case of specifying a default value
> among other columns but not wishing to remove it from the inserted fields --
> not just because I'm lazy, but also to reuse that same INSERT statement for
> other values.

Thank you, I understand better now. While I still think it must be
extremely trivial to implement in code (moreso than adding the feature),
I at least understand your need.

Your feature request has probably been noted by now and while I think it
will be very trivial to implement, I can see a problem with some broken
backward compatibility. Imagine someone has a database with a column
named "default".

Or consider this Statement:

INSERT INTO t SELECT ID, Name, DEFAULT FROM x;