On 8 Oct 2015, at 2:38pm, Richard Hipp <drh at sqlite.org> wrote:

> If accepted, the new policy will cause the next release to be 3.9.0
> instead of 3.8.12.  And the second number in the version will be
> increased much more aggressively in future releases.

I approve of this particular release changing the Y value (i.e. being 3.9.0)
since it allows SQLite to create and change databases to a format which can't
be opened with previous versions.

"However, the current tarball naming conventions only reserve two digits for
the Y and so the naming format for downloads will need to be revised in about
2030."

If we're still actively using SQLite3 for new projects in 2030 (i.e. we haven't
moved on to SQLite4 or something else entirely), they'd better award the dev
team a solid platinum prize of some sort.

Simon.