Hello,
I am using SQLite on iOS developing.
Now I need the better performance of multithread-reading-and-writing and the
robustness ofWAL journal mode without mmap.
As I know,WALjournal mode without mmap requires EXCLUSIVE locking mode, which
may prevent multithread-reading-and-writing. But mmap may increase
theprobability of database corruption. While my app has a huge number of
users(more than ten-million), I have to consider more about robustness.
see also:
http://www.sqlite.org/wal.html#noshm
http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_locking_mode

As a conclusion, I wonder, in SQLite, whether is possible for
1. WAL mode
2. multithread-reading-and-writing, not serial
3. without mmap
If yes, can you tell me a general idea for implementing this. No matter it
needs to modify the source code or how difficult it is.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your reply.