On 5 Sep 2015, at 10:07am, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <sqlite-mail at
dev.dadbiz.es> wrote:

> What about the warning messages to stderr through sqlite3 when opening
> databases with invalid sql constructions, this way we can gradually have less
> and less code written in a non compliant way.

It might be acceptable to put warning code in sqlite3.exe and its equivalents
for other platforms.  But the majority of SQLite installation are on things
which are not personal computers: mobile phones, GPS units, Digital TV boxes,
etc..  They don't have stderr.  They don't even have stdout.

Also I don't think it's worth doing at all.  The developers are currently
playing with SQLite4 which does not have to support the same level of backward
compatibility as SQLite3.  It can just refuse to parse commands which the
development team does not wish to support.

Simon.