On 23 March 2016 at 15:53, Alek Paunov <alex at declera.com> wrote:

> Hi MM,
>
> Sorry for the late replay - I usually manage to check the list only once a
> day :-(.
>
> On 2016-03-22 16:05, MM wrote:
>
> If, by chance, you are on something Fedora based, I could give you some
>>> hints how to help our lead maintainer - Jan Stanek with the package
>>> enhancement myself.

>> Indeed, I am using fedora 23. I have the following rpms installed (though
>> we are getting a bit out of scope for this list I suppose):
>>

> Great - Let's try to sort the issue out then!
>
> Definitely it is not out of scope - At least with the goal of offloading
> the core sqlite team in mind, we should explain how the Linux distributions
> works, so future _packaging_ issues to be addressed to appropriate bug
> trackers instead of bothering upstream directly (i.e. this list).
>

>> sqlite-libs-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
>> sqlite-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
>> sqlite-analyzer-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
>> sqlite-doc-3.11.0-3.fc23.noarch
>> sqlite-devel-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
>>
>> none of them has sqldiff.
>>

> I am aware of that - I have tried to make a remark above that we (the
> interested sqlite/fedora users) should try to assist our package maintainer
> (Jan Stanek) with the inclusion of the tool.
>
> As first step, I prepared a test package set with added sqldiff - To test
> you could try:
>
> dnf -y copr enable decalek/sqlite.tools
> dnf -y install sqlite-tools
>
> If it works for you, I will try to enumerate the tasks need to be done, so
> the tool to be included in the main Fedora package repositories.
>

> Regards,
> Alek

After a very long delay,   I installed sqlite-tools and tested it on a db I
had. It works great.
I tested both with the --schema option and without. The SQL generated is
correct.

A litte note is a suffix of the RPM package:      sqldiff.1

>> rpm -qa | grep sqlite
sqlite-libs-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
sqlite-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
sqlitebrowser-3.8.0-1.fc23.x86_64
sqlite-analyzer-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64
sqlite-doc-3.11.0-3.fc23.noarch
sqlite-tools-3.11.0-3.0.sqldiff.1.fc23.x86_64
sqlite-devel-3.11.0-3.fc23.x86_64

Thanks,