On 4/14/16, Dobrean, Adrian <adrian.dobrean at emc.com> wrote:

> The problem is that when I close there are still I/O operations that
> sometimes need to happen, e.g. flush of some buffers, and I need to know if
> those operations finished successfully or not.

This shouldn't ever come up.  xSync should have been called to flush
all I/O operations prior to xClose.  And the return code from xSync is
definitely propagated back up to the application, as that is
important.

The xClose method is just releasing resources.  Kind of like free() in
the standard library.  Why doesn't standard-library free() return an
error code?
--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org