I want to work with UUID's. (Version 4.) What is the smartest way to put a
check on this?

Also: when using text to save them, you need 36 bytes instead of four
bytes. When using a lot, it is better to use blob. I have to post the
peculiarities I found with that another time. (For example when writing a
lot and crashing the database is changed instead off rolled back.) I am
leaning to using blob's (or at least for join tables). Are there reasons to
go for one or the another, or is it just individual taste and efficiency
when needed?

--
Cecil Westerhof