On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc,
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Marc L. Allen
> <mlallen at outsitenetworks.com> wrote:
> > That error is saying that you can't using HAVING on a column unless it's
> in a group by or it's referenced in an aggregate in the HAVING clause
> >
> > You could say, HAVING SUM(A) <> 0 or something.
> >
> > The query as stated
> >
> > SELECT SUM(A)
> > HAVING A<>0
> >
> > makes no sense because A is not in the select list.  Only SUM(A) is.
>
> Does anybody in MS "speak any English?" (C) ;-)

?Yes, they speak the Microsoft revised standard English, which is
incompatibly extended and modified from U.S. English (as opposed to Her
Majesty's English?, and whatever it is that the Australians speak ('strine)
 [giggle]).

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown