On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Olivier Mascia <om at integral.be> wrote:

> The way I patched it works nicely for the interactivity, but more work
> needs to be done for handling the command-line itself properly (it always
> is ANSI - or Wide and not OEM-something or UTF-8). In addition my code will
> need deep focused review and probably some refactoring for best integration
> within the coding guidelines of SQLite.

@Richard: reminder: Fossil has tons of code for the conversions between the
Windows console and rest-of-world. It "should" be trivial to port it over.

> On the other hand Dominique and Clemens pointed to interesting other paths
> to handle this, with possible bumps on the road.  I personally would like
> to get time to experiment with that and see where it goes.

You might want to look at:

https://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/finfo?name=src/utf8.c

It also takes care of some weird Appleness cases.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/