> Le 29 f?vr. 2016 ? 09:22, Jim Wang <2004wqg2008 at 163.com> a ?crit :
>
> hi,all
>
>     Could different page_size do impact on the speed of retrieving record?
>     Is page_size 8192 faster than page_size 1024 or page_szie 4096?  or The
> pagesize has nothing to do with the retrieving speed.
>
>     Best reagard!
>     Jim Wang.

I'm eager to read the comments of seasoned users on this.

On my side, having started using SQLite very recently (December 2015), after a
lot of tests using real data, we have found the sweet spot (for us, and for
now) to be 4K page sizes, which just happen to be the virtual memory page size
of Windows system (except older Itanium versions).  Though we use a slightly
smaller cache size (between 500 and max 1000 pages) instead of the default 2000
pages.  We use private caches per connection only, and use only wal mode.

You'll obviously pack more record and index cells per page when the page size
is larger, but you will have larger I/O too to read or write any of those
pages.  Your cache memory usage will obviously be higher with larger page size,
unless you cache fewer pages (which we chose to do).

I can't bring any comment regarding other OS.
But there is probably not ONE answer to your question.

--
Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Best Regards,
Olivier Mascia, integral.be/om