The https://www.sqlite.org/ website is hosted by Linode, which is the
target of a long-running DDoS attack.
(http://tech.slashdot.org/story/16/01/01/2321211/linode-under-ddos-since-christmas?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter)
The engineers at Linode have worked tirelessly over the holiday to
keep services up.  https://www.sqlite.org/ (and this mailing list)
have been mostly unaffected.  (We've had a few minutes of down-time
but not that much.)  https://www.sqlite.org/ is based in Linode's
Dallas datacenter, whereas the brunt of the attack has been directed
toward Atlanta.

If https://www.sqlite.org/ ever goes down in the future, please
remember that there are two backup sites:

    http://www2.sqlite.org/
    http://www3.sqlite.org/

The www2 site is also with Linode, but at a different data center
(Newark) and www3 is with a different hosting provider (Hurricane
Electric).  Hopefully they will never all three fail at once.  Notice
that we have not purchased SSL certs for the backup sites - only for
the primary site in Dallas.

This mailing list is completely dependent on the Dallas datacenter.
So if Dallas goes down, you might be cut off from the mailing list
until the issue is resolved.  But access to documentation, downloads,
and to the Fossil repositories will still be available at the backups.

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org