> What do you mean by "parse" ?  Just to separate a string into its delimited
> substrings ?  Since SQLite has no array or list variable-type there's no way
> to do that because there's no way to return the result.  Can you not just
> return the value retrieved from the table and parse it in your software ?
>
> You can add your own functions to SQLite, so you could write your own parse
> function and do something like
>
> SELECT parse(myColumn) FROM myTable
>
> However this is quite complicated and not recommended for the beginner.

The fields in question have content as follows:
string1\\string2\\string3\\...\\stringx

I want to write every record's entries to a table with each element
being a separate record i.e.

string1
string2
string3
.
.
.
stringx

When done writing that table I'll use select distinct to obtain a
unique list of that attribute and it becomes my reference/ lookup
table.