On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Simon Slavin <slavins at bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2016, at 5:02pm, Bernard McNeill <bm.email01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Idea to have Sqlite database on server, accessed from a few ultra-thin
> > Terminal clients.

?I would guess that this harks back to the X terminal days. That is, a very
small machine which basically just drives a keyboard, mouse, and display;
with all the real work & data being on the remote server.

> SQLite is not a server/client system.  You would have to write your own
> server/client system.

?I was thinking that too. Of course, the OP could write his own C/S
database server using SQLite as the core, if there was a good need. But,
personally, I'd go with a database which is designed and tested for this,
myself. And, for me, that would be PostgreSQL. It is "heavy", but it can do
amazing things. And I just personally like it a bit better than
MariaDB/MySQL.?

--
Werner Heisenberg is driving down the autobahn. A police officer pulls
him over. The officer says, "Excuse me, sir, do you know how fast you

Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing
to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown