Hi people out there,

I initially subscribed for another question (which I will post later), when I
came to something which surprised me.

Given this:

    CREATE TABLE test (value TEXT UNIQUE)

On this:

    INSERT INTO test (value) VALUES('A');
    INSERT INTO test (value) VALUES('A')

? the second statement triggers an error due to a `UNIQUE` constraint
violation, as expected.

However, this can be repeated many times:

    INSERT INTO test (value) VALUES(NULL)
    INSERT INTO test (value) VALUES(NULL)
    INSERT INTO test (value) VALUES(NULL)
    -- And so on??

? it does not trigger any error.

Is this expected? Well, one may understand it as ?is this expected for SQLite?,
so I prefer two questions instead:

 * Is this expected for SQLite?
 * it this expected for standard SQL?

(the latter is also a link to another other question to be posted)

--
Yannick Duch?ne