On 30 Jan 2016, at 1:22pm, E.Pasma <pasma10 at concepts.nl> wrote:

> With respect to Igor's suggestion, yyyymmdd (as integer), why not leave out
> the century? I prefer the oldfashoned yymmdd.

While writing this program you develop a library for handling dates.  Then
another program comes along for which some dates are in the past.  But now you
can't use your library because it assumes '20yy'.  So now you have to write a
new library, and then maintain two date libraries.

It doesn't take much space to store an extra two octets per date.  And it
simplifies the code needed to do calculations and printing.

Simon.