On 30 Jan 2016, at 9:31pm, dpb <dpb795795 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On windows, is there a way to find out how many times does my SQLite DB hit
> the disk?
>
> This will help me in deciding if moving to In-memory SQLite will improve my
> application performance.

You will find that tools which examine process statistics will tell you how
many read and write operations the process does.

To do it in SQLite you might add your own code to the standard VFS for your OS
just to total up accesses to disk.

<https://www.sqlite.org/vfs.html>

However, I am not certain that counting disk accesses is actually going to help
you figure anything one.

> I am done with adding indexes to my tables in
> SQLite DB.

Are you sure you're adding the /right/ indexes ?  I see many people adding
indexes to commonly-used columns without making up a index designed
specifically to help a particular SELECT command.

Simon.