On 12 Mar 2016, at 6:07pm, Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a notion of system table vs. user table in the DBMS.
>
> The SQLite has at least 1 system table that is well-known: sqlite_master.

There are other tables too: the ones made by ANALYZE which have names which
start with 'sqlite_stat' .  And there's 'sqlite_user' which is maintained by
the user authentication routines.  Would you call those "system tables" too ?

So I see it as the developers of sqlite reserving table names which start with
'sqlite' for themselves.  You should stay away from those names in case your
table clashes with something SQLite does internally.

> My question is: what should I do if I want to create a system table?

What would you want to be special about it because it's a system table ?  How
are system tables different from user tables ?

Simon.