Hey,

SQLite has a brilliant facility for creating custom collations for columns with
character affinity.  And it won't stop you from creating a custom collation for
a column with numeric affinity, but your comparison function will never be
called, it seems.

I wonder if you would ever consider allowing this to work for numeric columns?

The use case I have in mind is "value ordering" - specifying an order other
than normal alphabetical order (or number order) for a categorical column
(think days of the week).  While almost certainly less common, numeric columns
can be semantically categorical, in which case a user-defined ordering is not
out of the question.  And since it is (IMHO) in the nature of SQLite to make
values strings when they need to be strings and numbers when they need to be
numbers, it doesn't seem like something that would be entirely beyond the pale.

Anybody care about this besides me?

Thanks!

Eric