Dominque,

We put together a quick C program to try out the C API a few weeks ago,
it worked but it was very slow, from memory not much different to the
sqlite command line backup system. We put it on the back burner as it
wasn?t anywhere near quick enough.

We hadn?t seen or found or even looked for RBU, when I read this I
thought Realtime Backup Unit, I wasn?t even close :) Rats

I think that unless we can get the C API to back up in a time close to
that of a cp, the easiest solution is to suspend updates for 10-15 mins
out-of-hours and do a simple cp from there. Sometimes a change in
workflow might be the easiest and simplest solution.

I know you have mentioned VFS shims further down the email trail but
thats certainly a step too far for us.

Thanks

Rob