I am interested in using the LSM
(https://www.sqlite.org/src4/doc/trunk/www/lsmusr.wiki)

The characteristics of my application is that I would like to enable the
memory-mapped file feature so that I can offload data in memory to disk
temporarily.    I don't care about data-recover after my application shuts down
or it crashes.   In fact, the application will create a new database each time
it starts up.

The reason to do this is to be able to address hundreds of gigs of data in a
key/value store method.   We would it put it in RAM but that would require a
lot of RAM.    By putting the data on disk, we can work with very large sets of
data.

I care a lot about performance.  If I had the RAM, all of this would be in RAM
(non-persistent and transien)

My question is, if I have LSM_CONFIG_MMAP enabled, and on a 64-bit system I
believe it's enabled by default, what happens if I also turn off
LSM_CONFIG_SAFETY and LSM_CONFIG_USE_LOG.   Would that not make things a lot
faster?

I don't need data to be written to disk right away..   In fact, I would be okay
if data were only written to disk when there the memory that is occupied by the
data has to be reused - because persistence is not a factor.

Anyone use LSM for this type of a use case?

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or attached
files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please
notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.