Hello,

I'm a novice user of Sqlite, and could use some help. The code below is intended to update a simple table to a new format. The changes include reordering columns, dropping one column, and adding a new "status" column (which is always 0). A constraint violation is being reported on UNIQUE constraint for the new table. I assume this means there is a row in the existing table that violates the constraint imposed on the new table, but I've queried the existing table for rows that would violate the constraint, and I don't find any. Is there something else that could cause the violation?

Thanks,

Joe

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS TempEventLog;
ALTER TABLE EventLog RENAME TO TempEventLog;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS EventLog(
          rowid     INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
          udatetime INTEGER    NOT NULL,
          device    CHAR(16)   NOT NULL   COLLATE NOCASE,
          localtime CHAR(32)   NOT NULL   COLLATE NOCASE,
          code      INTEGER    NOT NULL,
          type      CHAR(16)   NOT NULL   COLLATE NOCASE,
          text      CHAR(64)   NOT NULL   COLLATE NOCASE,
          status    INTEGER    NOT NULL,
          UNIQUE(udatetime,device,code,type,status)
        );

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS i_udatetime ON EventLog(udatetime);
CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS i_code ON EventLog(code);
CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS i_device_code ON EventLog(device,code);

INSERT OR ROLLBACK INTO EventLog (
      udatetime, device, localtime, code, type, text, status )
SELECT udatetime, device, localtime, code, type, text, 0
      FROM TempEventLog ORDER BY rowid;

DROP TABLE TempEventLog;
PRAGMA user_version = 1;
COMMIT;