>You could run a regular database query from within the auxiliary
>function implementation. Not sure how that would perform though -
>perhaps similarly to the FTS3/4 approach, perhaps a little better.

>Or, you could add the "weight" as an UNINDEXED column to the fts5
>documents table. Then access it via the auxiliary function xColumn()
>API.

Thanks, I was under the assumption that this would be slow, since the
xColumn() access will cause the whole row to be loaded (separately,
instead of the more efficient join upfront), but I'll try it.

Another open question I have is how to access the user query expression
from within the ranking function. Don't think this is exposed anywhere.
(Looking at the source I noticed Fts5Expr *, but it is private).

The best option would then be to pass it through to the
ranking function as a parameter?

 – Jan