That is a fast reply. :-D

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 10:34pm, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In the past I worked (I think) with a database (not SQLite) where I could
> > usedAfter in the definition for ratioTotalUsed. It is not a very big
> > problem, but is something like that possible with SQLite?
>
> Sorry, but you cannot do this in SQLite.  You cannot rely on usedAfter
> being already defined when you are defining ratioTotalUsed.  You must
> define ratioTotalUsed in terms of the memUsageLine table.

​I was afraid of that, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks.​

> There is a way to do it.  You define a first VIEW which calculates
> usedAfter and includes some other fields from the TABLE, when you define a
> second VIEW which takes its values from the first VIEW.
>
> In your example this is not worth the extra processing since it is easy to
> calculate (totalAfter-freeAfter), but it can be useful when aggregate
> functions are used.

​Exactly my thoughts.

​It is very handy to get the information out of a SQLite database instead
of from several​ log files. And with views I get the extra information for
free. It was some work, but that is only once. I am going to use SQLite
more often I think. ;-)

--
Cecil Westerhof