On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 18:46:30 +0000, "Rousselot, Richard A"
<richard.a.rousse...@centurylink.com> wrote:

> Are there any plans to add a CREATE FUNCTION function for SQLite?
> Is this an SQLite4 type thing?

Many things you would define a SQL function for can also be
accomplished with Common Table Expressions (CTE, WITH) and/or
triggers (especially INSTEAD OF triggers on views).

> Something similar PostgreSQL?
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/sql-createfunction.html
>
> This particular class of function is not mentioned in "SQL Features
> That SQLite Does Not Implement" and it is not in "SQL As Understood
> By SQLite"; kind of a grey area, in my mind, for future support.

Well,SQLite is supposed to be "lightweight", so I wouldn't count
on future support.
Plus what Clemens Ladisch and Richard Hipp said.

--
Regards,
Kees Nuyt