Alan,

if you are new to sqlite3 then let me give you a little heads up on
something that tripped me up a couple of times in early days. I am assuming
you are the command line sqlite3 interface which will require you to set
the separator for data imports.

.separator ,

...is likely what you want if your data came from Excel or the like. The
default '|' is probably not what you will want. After that

.import 'datafile' 'table' should have a fighting chance given a good match
between column types and data fields.

On 25 August 2016 at 10:26, Brian Curley <bpcur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Windows requires that you escape the \ in the path, effectively doubling
> them up.
>
> Regards.
>
> Brian P Curley
>

> On Aug 24, 2016 8:24 PM, "Simon Slavin" <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:
>
> > I hope someone else can help.
> >
> > Does that table already exist in the database file ?
> >
> > Is the first line of the csv file a line of data or a line of column
> names
> > ?
> >
> > Simon.

Regards,